Dear parents & carers,
This is a reminder that you and all adults in your child's household or support bubble are asked to undertake twice-weekly rapid lateral flow tests, to identify the presence of COVID-19 in our wider school community.
As most parents are significantly under 55, it is likely to be some time yet before your turn to have the vaccination arises and regular testing on your part will help identify asymptomatic cases and, hopefully, prevent the continued spread of COVID-19.
School staff are currently testing twice a week in the same manner, as a means to keep our community safe and I hope that you will do the same.
Test kits are readily available for collection from testing centres or can be ordered online. Unfortunately, school is not able to provide families with the testing kits.
You are asked to:
* take a test twice a week (every 3 or 4 days apart)
* report every result to NHS Test and Trace on the same day you take the test (test results can be reported online https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
or by calling 119)
If anyone tests positive or gets coronavirus symptoms, they should:
* self-isolate immediately
* get a PCR test to confirm the result (if this arises for school staff, regardless of the PCR result, their associated bubble bursts and they and contacts within it have to isolate for 10 days)
* follow the stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
A negative result means the test did not find signs of coronavirus. But this does not guarantee you do not have coronavirus, so you should keep following all coronavirus advice including:
* regular handwashing
* social distancing
* wearing a face covering where recommended
Full details of the scheme can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rapid-lateral-flow-testing-for-households-and-bubbles-of-school-pupils-and-staff
Thank you for your support: together we can keep COVID-19 in check.
Richard D Rhodes