Health and Safety
For information regarding Health and Safety on school site, please read our Health and Safety Policy (below). This is reviewed on an annual basis. If you have any queries or concerns about Health and Safety, please speak to the School Asset Manager in the first instance who can be contacted on 01628 622596 option 2.
The school's safety management around COVID-19 is the responsibility of the Headteacher. These are our standing arrangements around the control of the virus:
- personal hygiene: frequent handwashing to catching sneezes and coughs in tissues/elbows
- testing (staff and parents are encouraged to self-test with a lateral flow device twice weekly; where a member of the same household tests positive and mixing cannot be avoided, all members of the household should have a PCR test and those with a positive result must isolate for 10 days - pupils who are required to self-isolate following a positive PCR test result, will be provided with remote learning)
- ventilation (doors and windows are kept open as much as possible with CO2 levels monitored, where monitors are available)
- locomotion (the one-way system through the school grounds at peak periods, otherwise moving around the site should be outdoors as much as possible, minimising use of corridors)
- face-coverings are required for indoor meetings with off-site visitors (they are not required when meetings are outdoors or if individuals are exempt, having medical reasons for not being able to wear them)
- face-coverings are optional for staff (except for when meeting off-site visitors indoors when they are required, with the exception of the exempt)
Our Outbreak Management Plan is published on this page of the school website and is updated termly (or sooner, in the event of legislative changes or revised DfE guidelines).
The following links to a page containing our Remote Learning Policy:
Use this link to get NHS advice about COVID-19, including symptoms, testing, vaccination and self-isolation: