- To promote cultural understanding and awareness of different religious beliefs between different ethnic and social groups within our school community by providing an environment which is respectful of all people and all backgrounds with teaching and learning delivered in keeping with a robustly inclusive curriculum that challenges established stereotypes and values the identities of the many who have contributed to human progress over time, not just the few.
- To reduce the incidence of LGBT+phobic*, sexist and racist incidents and language by students by steadfastly promoting a nurturing and inclusive environment with respect at its heart, which is enshrined throughout our policies, including those around behaviour and anti-bullying.
- To endeavour to ensure that the staff body and representation of staff in leadership roles is reflective of the communities we serve and that school leaders actively develop plans, through audit, analysis and consultation, to address how issues around race, religion and personal identity are addressed by the school through its policies, procedures and curriculum.
- To monitor and promote the involvement of all groups of students in the extra-curricular life of the school, including leadership opportunities, with a particular focus on those from disadvantaged backgrounds, children with social, emotional and/or mental health issues or pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
- To close gaps in attainment and achievement between students and all groups of students; especially boys and girls, students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from different heritage groups.
- To further improve, over time, accessibility across the school for students, staff and visitors with disabilities.
“By Loving All Our Neighbours, we promote equality through the provision of an education that is fair and accessible to all our children.”
All Saints welcomes children from diverse backgrounds and strives to encourage everyone to be Loving of All Our Neighbours. The school community celebrates this diversity ensuring every individual is able to achieve their very best in a setting where respect underpins every aspect of school life. For more information read our Equal Opportunities Policy.