The homework for this week is topic focused and can be found in the section below.
If you wish to do a bit of extra English work you could:
- Find 10 interesting words in your book. Write down what each one means. Now think of your own sentences that use the words.
- Storyboard events from your book as a comic strip. Which picture would represent the key event or turning point in the story?
- Imagine you are one of the characters from your book. Write a diary entry about an event from the book from that character’s point of view.
- Find 10 descriptive words in your. Use a thesaurus to find antonyms and synonyms for the words. Now try to use the new words in your own sentences. Evaluate which is more effective – the author’s original choice or the new words you have found.
These activities are not compulsory.
You are not expected to complete any of them, but if you do then your teacher would love to see what you have come up with!
This week's homework is a reading comprehension all about Viking longships. You will need to download the reading text as well as the appropriate set of questions.
If you want to do some extra work around our current topics you could:
- research some interesting facts about the Vikings
- create a model of a longship
- design and make your own Viking shield or headdress
- have a go at the 'Compare Myself' sheet (see document attached below)
NB: These activities are not compulsory; you do not have to complete them, but if you do then your teacher would love to see what you have been up to!